New Drugs, New Trends? A Worker's Toolkit for NPS.
This course has been designed to meet the needs of workers who come into contact with people who may use New Psychoactive Substances (sometimes known as Legal Highs).
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Name the seven categories of substances which apply to NPS
- Recall the legislation affecting NPS
- Give an overview of two key NPS in use
- Recall current and emerging trends with regards to NPS in Scotland
- Describe typical patterns of use, including poly-substance use
- Identify techniques to support people who use NPS